A Memorable Christmas
3:43 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Christmas 2011 will be memorable for many reasons, but perhaps most of all because of what happened before any presents were opened and all the other children in Louisville were still sleeping, waiting for Christmas to begin. Duncan went to bed just fine, but woke up around 11 and didn't want to go back to sleep - he eventually told us his tummy hurt. So he didn't sleep. If we tried to leave his room, he screamed and screamed. So, Eric was in there a long time. In the meantime, my uncle Ron was over until midnight, so we stayed up talking. I climbed in bed around 12:00 and Violet woke up shortly after that. I don't remember the exact sequence of events over the next 3 to 4 hours, but I do know that Duncan didn't want to sleep, and that Violet was cold so she didn't sleep much, either. Around 4, Duncan went to attempt sleep with my parents (we were staying at their house) and Eric left to find a store that was open ... he came back at 5 with some glycerin suppositories for Duncan. Thankfully, after a 6am feeding, we all slept until 8:30. A small Christmas miracle. :o)
Christmas Day itself was very nice, and it started with Duncan's giant poop initiated by the suppository. It worked in less than a minute! We did presents, had breakfast, and then got ready to go to the Scalf's for more presents and good food. Good times were had by all. Back to my parent's house for nap, then back to the Scalf's for dinner and a few more presents. Bedtime back at home was relatively smooth, and Eric and I were so thankful for the quiet that we ordered some Chinese food and did next to nothing the entire evening.
It seemed like Duncan thoroughly enjoyed the day even though none of us slept much the night before. From us and my parents, he received a curvy board, a Radio Flyer big wheel-type bike, some new pajamas, a book, and a new quilt for his bed. From his other grandparents and aunts/cousins, he received some "power tools," a book, a game, and a Lego bus. We gave Violet a silk/flannel blanket, and she received a little lovey from her aunt, and a few new toys and outfits from grandparents and great-grandparents.
Yesterday, we spent some quality time with Diana, who is home from Atlanta until the new year. I also encapsulated a friend's placenta ... I may get certified and provide this service to Louisville mamas. We'll see.
Today, I delivered the capsules to my friend, and joined a new gym on the way home. It's only 5 minutes from home (much closer than the LAC, where I used to go), I can go any time of the day or night, and it's $15 a month. Woohoo!
Potato soup for dinner tonight. Duncan is going to help me cut with this cute toy that I bought him a few months ago.
Christmas Day itself was very nice, and it started with Duncan's giant poop initiated by the suppository. It worked in less than a minute! We did presents, had breakfast, and then got ready to go to the Scalf's for more presents and good food. Good times were had by all. Back to my parent's house for nap, then back to the Scalf's for dinner and a few more presents. Bedtime back at home was relatively smooth, and Eric and I were so thankful for the quiet that we ordered some Chinese food and did next to nothing the entire evening.
It seemed like Duncan thoroughly enjoyed the day even though none of us slept much the night before. From us and my parents, he received a curvy board, a Radio Flyer big wheel-type bike, some new pajamas, a book, and a new quilt for his bed. From his other grandparents and aunts/cousins, he received some "power tools," a book, a game, and a Lego bus. We gave Violet a silk/flannel blanket, and she received a little lovey from her aunt, and a few new toys and outfits from grandparents and great-grandparents.
Yesterday, we spent some quality time with Diana, who is home from Atlanta until the new year. I also encapsulated a friend's placenta ... I may get certified and provide this service to Louisville mamas. We'll see.
Today, I delivered the capsules to my friend, and joined a new gym on the way home. It's only 5 minutes from home (much closer than the LAC, where I used to go), I can go any time of the day or night, and it's $15 a month. Woohoo!
Potato soup for dinner tonight. Duncan is going to help me cut with this cute toy that I bought him a few months ago.


0 Observations or Opinions:
Post a Comment