Birth Junkie
1:41 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Katherine = self-proclaimed birth junkie.
I completed my first 'requirement' for my certification yesterday - a breastfeeding class! It was actually a breastfeeding class for birth professionals, and the other 3 ladies there were also working toward a certification of their own. I learned a lot! I am more excited than ever before. :o)
I am reading "Pushed" by Jennifer Block right now. Highly recommend it. You can read about her, the book, some great articles, and even her blog on www.pushedbirth.com. I ordered the rest of my required reading books last week, and am looking forward to getting started on those. I am most excited, though, about getting to witness births other than my own. My heart races just thinking about it.
Our mini-vacation was really nice, but I don't intend on going on any week-long vacations with Duncan soon. I am uber-paranoid about noise and hotels, so unless we stay with family or something, we'll be staying home. However, we all enjoyed the aquarium, EnterTRAINment Junction, and Ikea. Oh, and we had dinner one night at Maggiano's - I told Eric that my dinner tasted like Christmas. Best meal I've had in a very long time.


2 Observations or Opinions:
Can't wait until my book gets here! And we LOVE Maggiano's!
Post a Comment