News

7:09 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Our trip to TX was great. I was really worried about the drive, but Duncan was amazing. On the way down we drove in one day, and the last 3 hours were not too pleasant. On the way back, though, we stopped in Memphis for a night, and the result was much better. :o) While in TX, I took Duncan to the pool for the first time. He didn't really care about it - maybe a few more months! We also celebrated Liam's 1st birthday. I can't believe he's a year old! I know Duncan will be there before we know it.

In other news, a few nights ago I was perusing semonin.com, and found a house for sale in Goose Creek. The description includes "price reflects condition." The owners were there from 1968 and they have both passed away. The daughter, who is 50, is living there now while she tries to go through and sell all of her parents' belongings, including the house. I obviously didn't find all of this out from the website - we went to look at the house yesterday. It is EX-ACT-LY the kind of house that we are looking for: it's a fixer-upper that really only needs cosmetic fixes (bathroom updates, kitchen updates, paint, etc.), is a GREAT floorplan (4br, 2.5 bath, huge basement), an amazing neighborhood (where my grandparents lived), and is about 5 minutes away from both of our parents. Yes, it will be a lot of work, and yes, we have to sell our house first, but if it's meant to be, then it will work out. We have an agent coming over today to help us with pricing, staging, etc., and we'll go from there. Ideally, we will write a contingency offer this week and sell our house in the next month, then move the week after Rob and Ashley's wedding when Eric is taking off for vacation. But that's ideally. I really do think we have a good shot with selling our house because of the location (huge yard), our deck, basement, and 2 car car garage, but we'll wait and see what the real estate agent says. The big issue is deciding if we want to price it lower to sell it faster in order to get rid of the contingency. AND there's the whole thing of the inspection of the other house. But like I said, if it's meant to be, then it will work out. If not, then another one will at some point in the future.

In other news ... Duncan is rolling all over the place, from one side of the room to the other. His two bottom teeth are really showing now, and he has discovered how much fun it is to blow raspberries with his mouth. Hehe. It's pretty cute.

My tasks for today: call moving companies to see how much that will cost, meet with McBride guy about fixing the leak in our ceiling in the kitchen, meet with real estate lady, clean clean clean clean clean, de-clutter de-clutter de-clutter, take care of Duncan, and I also have a transcribing job that I need to have in by Wednesday.

0 Observations or Opinions: