9:42 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
So I survived. I'm so glad that it's over ...

I took a pill on Wednesday night before bed, then two when I got up on Thursday. By the time I was taken back to the room at 8:05 I was feeling pretty woozy. Then they gave me another pill that I was told to put under my tongue and let melt. I did that and by this time I don't remember much, but I do remember them putting a thing over my face (the laughing gas) and I fell asleep. By the time I woke up, Dr. Veal was giving me shots all over my mouth - I didn't feel them at all. Then I fell asleep again and when I woke up he was almost finished. I only remember some pushing and pulling and I remember crying and the Dr. asking me why ... I don't know why, haha. All in all, it was much less traumatic than I thought it was going to be. They showed me the teeth when we were all done - they were huge! But they're out, thank goodness. I don't remember the ride home too much. I slept on the couch when I got home and then took some medicine when the numbness wore off. I was feeling pretty good in the late afternoon ... much better than I thought I would. I had some pudding and lots of apple juice. Eric and I both fell asleep on the couch and went upstairs around midnight.

Yesterday was pretty good, too. Slept in until 10 or so then came downstairs and slept some more on the couch. I was feeling good enough to meet my parents at QDoba for dinner. I just ate a tortilla and it took me about an hour to do that! Haha. We went to my parent's house after that and stayed there until we were supposed to meet Marianne and some other friends at BDubs (on the way there, though, we stopped by my grandma's house to pick up our frozen wedding cake!) We were there half an hour and had an order of wedges with cheese until Marianne came in and said "Yeah, so Lindsy failed to tell me that we're going to Old Chicago." So that frustrated us, but oh well. We went to Old Chicago and sat there for about and hour with Lindsy, Marianne, Molly, and Sara Browne. Good times. :o)

I fell asleep on the couch again last night while Eric worked on the pictures for the sermon tomorrow and we finally went upstairs around 1. Woke up this morning at 8 and my jaw was killing me, so couldn't sleep anymore. I ate some bread and took a Loritab reluctantly because it makes me nauseous. I'm doing well so far, though - I guess it's because I had that bread in my stomach.

We are going to the Nutcracker today at 1:30! That is Eric's anniversary present to me. :o)

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve - I can't believe it! We'll go to church in the morning and then I don't know what we'll do in the afternoon, but my parents are coming over after the evening service and we're going to do presents.

For now - I'm going to sleep for a little bit and hope that my jaw feels better.

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to us. :o)

1 Observations or Opinions:

Virginia said...

Happy Anniversary!