Friday, July 30

8:51 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
For some reason, I can't get the date to display on this new template, so I just made it the title.

Eric is almost finished with our beautiful new floors. They make such a difference in the way the entire downstairs looks and feels - I love it. I am also falling in love with our downstairs bathroom all over again; the color is beautiful, and there will be a new pedestal, mirror, and some small cabinet/storage thing that we have yet to find that will go between the sink and the toilet (I think).

We headed home this morning and cleaned up the kitchen, put things away, wiped everything off (it was covered in dust), and dust-mopped the new floors. Eric is there tonight to finish up the last of the floor. I get to sleep in my own bed tomorrow night!

I would like to thank my parents for allowing me to house-sit while they were gone!

Busy weekend planned. Tomorrow I'll be at Mama's Hip all day, and Eric will have Duncan. I'm looking forward to it! On Sunday, we'll hopefully go to church, and I have an event to attend from 2 to 5. I'll write more about it after I've attended.

I'm placing a call out to all of my pregnant friends and doula friends: In order to get certified as a childbirth educator with CAPPA, I have to observe 2 births (totaling 10 hours), and I have to actually be a doula for 3 women. I have observed one birth so far, and I was there an hour and a half, so I will probably have 2 more ... but the more the merrier. :o) And I cannot be anyone's doula until after my training, which will happen over Labor Day Weekend. If you have no idea what a doula's role is, please read this. I would love to help as many women as I can - my goal is to take the fear out of birth ... and yes, it is possible. Please spread the word, or send me a message if you know anyone who would be willing to let me observe their birth or if anyone would like an (almost) free doula (in-training)!

I did post an update yesterday, but since it was a draft that I'd started a few weeks ago, it did not post at the top. It's titled "Backwards" if anyone is interested!

3 Observations or Opinions:

Dawn said...

Like the new blog colors! That'll wake a reader up!

Jeanine said...

Looks great Katherine:o)

Eric said...

Drew (father in law) stopped by last night and made the comment "All this new stuff going into an already new home". So I had already planned to, but just wanted to share that much of the building materials we are taking out of the house will be donated to Habitat for Humanity's "Restore"...a place to pick up second hand building supplies. Proceeds benefit Habitat