Birthday Weekend

9:31 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
The first weekend in October is one of my favorite weekends of the year, but not just because it's usually my birthday. The first weekend in October usually signals the beginning of cooler weather, those beautiful blue skies that just yearn for you to come outside, and it's also the St. James Court Art Fair. This year was no exception, despite the fact that I started feeling sick on Thursday night, and I haven't gotten much better since then.

Eric took Friday off for me. :o) Our first item on the agenda for the day was my hair appointment. It took Tod about 35 minutes to cut my hair, and I LOVE it. Of course, I don't have the products that he used, so I can't get it to look like he did, but I'm working on it. I will try to take pictures soon - once I figure out how to style it better. We had lunch at my mom and dad's house (they are on their way home today, yay!), then we had planned on letting Duncan nap, but he didn't seem the least bit tired. So we headed on down to St. James. We walked around for a little over an hour and bought something from 2 booths. I took a nap while Duncan did when we got home, and Eric worked on his "boat" project in the garage. When we got up, we had dinner at Olive Garden with Diana. Very tasty - even though I couldn't taste anything because I had so much drainage and sounded like a man. Back at home, we put Duncan to bed, and then I headed out to meet Chrissy for dessert/drinks/etc. at Bristol on Hurstbourne. We had a really nice time just talking about everything. Wish I could have tasted my cheesecake!

Saturday, my voice was a little better, but I still had lots of drainage. I think that was the night Eric ended up sleeping downstairs the majority of the night because I was snoring. :o/ Sorry, Eric. We went to swim class and it was just daddy and Duncan in the pool - I thought it would be better to keep my snotty-self out of the pool with all of the babies. Hehe. It was so cute to see them in the pool together. Duncan still doesn't really know what to make of it, but every now and then he will splash and laugh. It's pretty cute. After class, Duncan napped and we got the house ready for a showing at 2:00. Still haven't heard back from Laura about it, so I guess they weren't too excited about it. Oh well. We went to the mall during the showing and walked around for a little bit, then headed back home and met Chrissy and Alexis there so the babies could play. Very cute. :o) Later that night, I met Chrissy, Lisa, Lisa's mom, Alexis, and Graham's mom, June, down at Ramsi's for dinner. We had to wait an hour for a table, but it ended up just fine. I got some decaf tea at Heine Brothers while we waited, and spent a good amount of time in Carmichael's. Dinner was fantastic, but I didn't realize it until I had my leftovers yesterday for lunch because I could actually taste it!

Yesterday was a really nice day, despite waking up at 7am. We decided to try going to late service yesterday instead of the early one, and it was just fine. It's almost twice as long as early service, so I don't know if we'll continue to go to that one because it's a lot of work to keep Duncan entertained, but it's not so bad. After church, Duncan napped and we watched an entire movie! I couldn't believe it. "Away We Go" was hilarious, although sad at some parts, but I really liked it! When Duncan woke up, we went to the grocery, which is always fun, and then when he went back down for his afternoon nap, I took a bath and then a nap. Oh, I guess I should mention that instead of sounding like a man yesterday, I had absolutely NO voice at all. Not too much fun. After Duncan went to bed, we made some butternut squash bread. I have yet to smell/taste it, but Eric says it's pretty good.

I don't feel too much better today, but I think I sound a little better. Duncan just went down for his first nap, so I'm off to shower and attempt to style my hair again. Hehe. I have choir tonight, which I will probably go to, but I obviously won't be able to sing.

New pictures and videos of Duncan up on Facebook for those who missed them. :o)

0 Observations or Opinions: