Dear Duncan

8:30 PM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Today has been an eventful day. Two very special people passed away! Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I don't have many memories about Farrah Fawcett, but Michael Jackson has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I'm sure that his songs are some of the first ones that I ever learned/knew.

Yesterday and today were a little bit rough because I know that your teeth (well, tooth) are bothering you. I can see more of it every day, and I'm sure it will break through any day. Last night I left you with daddy while I went to Weight Watchers, and guess what - I've lost 21.6 pounds! I don't blame you for any of the weight that I gained; I totally blame myself because I willingly stuffed my face the whole time you were growing inside of me. :o) Today, I spent the day with grandma, and you took a good 1 hour nap when I got there, but that was pretty much it for the day. That's okay, though - I know you don't feel well.

We are looking into buying an umbrella stroller for you very soon. Since it's so hot outside now, unfortunately I can't carry your around everywhere like I used to. This makes me sad, but I know you're growing up and it's time for a big boy stroller. The other stroller that we have for you weighs 17lbs (as much as you!) and takes up a lot of room in the trunk of the car. You'll be a lot cooler in the new one!

Tomorrow we are going to Lexington! It will be your first trip there, and your first car ride longer than an hour. Hopefully it goes well. We're leaving right before your first nap; maybe you'll sleep the whole trip? A mom can hope!

Last night you slept from 7 to 3:15 without waking up ... let's hope this is a trend that continues. Sleep well tonight, precious.

Love Mommy

0 Observations or Opinions: