Happy Anniversary

9:46 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
I know I shouldn't really call it our anniversary anymore, but April 27th will always have a very special meaning for me - it was my Senior Prom, and perhaps the very first night that I realized that I never wanted to be with anyone but Eric. It's been seven wonderful years since prom at the Olmsted, and the time has absolutely flown by. I have very vivid snapshots and images in my mind from the whole night - dinner, the limo, dancing, bowling, singing karaoke ... and all of the people surrounding me are the same people who are still my very best friends today. It's wonderful! But we have all been through so much and changed so much since then - we have college degrees, husbands, babies, careers, mortgages, etc. Okay, enough reminiscing ... back to present day.

Duncan and Coralie were baptized yesterday! Everything went very well! We all went to lunch at Mark's Feedstore afterward.
Weight Watchers is going well. I get 39 points a day, which seems absurd, but it's because I'm breastfeeding and I need the extra calories. However, last week at weigh-in, I'd lost 3.4. I'm hoping for another 3 pound loss this week. Weigh-ins are on Wednesdays.

Duncan is smiling so much these days. I've sort of figured out a routine for general activity throughout the day - I follow the E.A.S.Y. plan: eat, activity, sleep, you time. The "y" kind of gets left out, though, because we're still working on the whole napping-in-the-crib thing, but that's okay. Still, using this routine really helps, and Duncan seems to be in a much better mood during the day. He love watching the Baby Einstein DVD that we have, and he even laughs at parts. It is precious. :o) Here he is reacting to the DVD:
I weighed Duncan on the scale at playgroup today, and he is over 15 pounds! He has also discovered his hands and likes to suck loudly on them. :o) He makes new sounds every day, it seems like, and he is happiest in the mornings. Last Thursday, the night of the 24th, he blessed us with 9 straight hours of sleep! Hasn't happened since, but he consistently gives us (well, really only me because I'm the one who gets up to feed him!) 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Hopefully this will keep up ... but I have a feeling that teething will start to interfere at some point. He's been drooling a lot more than he used to!

We purchased a convertible carseat last weekend and so far I think he likes it. He fell asleep on the way to playgroup today, and he usually doesn't fall asleep in the car unless he is exhausted. We have the carseat facing backwards because he's not 20 pounds yet, but his feet already hit the seat ... so if he gets any longer, we'll have to figure something else out.

On Saturday, we line-dried the diapers outside, and the sun took the stains out. They look almost brand new again! We also put some privacy film on the window in Duncan's room to make it darker. It's pretty dark in there.

Happy Derby week! Best time of the year to live in Louisville, if you ask me! It is a lot of hullabaloo (yes, I just used that word), but it's still fun.

Bedtime.

3 Observations or Opinions:

Jeanine said...

Yay for everything! Liam's feet touch the seat too but they have to be 1 year old AND over 20 pounds before you turn them around, not just 20 pounds. Just making sure you know that:) Glad everything is going well!

Greta said...

OMG, I love the word hullabaloo and try to use it often in my conversations! Derby is the best time of year to be in Louisville and sadly, I am not there.

I hope Eric doesn't have to go to Mexico anytime soon.

Marianne said...

i have a friend who calls anniversaries before a couple is married "fakeiversaries." just wanted to share, b/c it always makes me laugh :)