Good days and bad days

11:32 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
Sorry it's been so long. It seems like I can't find time to do anything ... except at night when Eric is home and Duncan is sleeping, but then I am just too lazy to write.

Things have been going pretty well. Duncan is now sleeping pretty much from 8 to 6 or 6:30, with one feeding in there between 2 and 3, so that's really exciting. Naps are another story, however, and I can't get him to nap anywhere except in the Moby. Only problem with this is that I can't get anything done. I know that the point of wearing the baby is to allow you to have 2 free hands to do things, but he will wake up if I move around, unload the dishwasher, stuff diapers, etc. I had a breakdown a little while ago because I just couldn't get him to go to sleep ... bouncing around and walking with him is good exercise, though, so I guess I should be happy about it. I just got really frustrated, though, because he wouldn't eat, either - guess he was just too tired and frustrated to do anything but have me bounce him. He's sleeping now.

I have been taking advantage of playgroup almost everytime Shannon has it (Shannon's the owner of Mama's Hip) - Mondays and Wednesdays from 12 until whenever everyone leaves. Yesterday I was there until 4:30! It's easier to go there than to stay home because Duncan will just sleep and I don't have to worry about getting him to nap at home. I also meet mom for lunch a lot of days, which is always nice. Our favorite places are Calistoga and California Pizza Kitchen.

Duncan is smiling a lot more these days, especially when he is well rested (which is usually first thing in the morning, and sometimes early afternoon). He also likes to look at pictures in books and listen to mommy sing to him. He's a big fan of standing up (with my help of course) and does not like to bend at the waist to sit down. When I burp him, I just have to put his legs between mine and let them hang, because he won't sit. It's pretty funny, actually.

I'm trying really hard to get adjusted to everything, but everday is a new adventure, and I cherish the time that Eric is home at night. We're finally starting to get on a routine at night, so we've had every night this week to be together while Duncan is asleep. It's so nice. I still have problems figuring out how to keep Duncan entertained; I don't really know what to do with him besides talk to him. I have a little rattle that I got a few days ago, so I show him that sometimes. It's hard to know what to do - I know that's part of being a new parent.

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday - I have about 50 pounds I'd like to lose. Hopefully I can get a good chunk of that off before Rob and Ashley's wedding in August. If I follow the plan, the weight pretty much falls off. It's a great diet plan.

Eric is coming home for lunch today - I asked him to because of my frustration earlier. Ugh. I am mad at myself for getting furstrated, which is just a vicious cycle. But for now, I'll just sit here and wait for Eric to get here, since I can't do anything without fear that Duncan will wake up.

2 Observations or Opinions:

Jeanine said...

Liam HATED to sit too! He's just now getting to the point where he will sit for a few minutes if we are lucky:) He LOVES to stand and has since I can remember:) Hang in there, we all get frustrated;)

Mindy said...

Have you considered calling a "sleep consultant"? I have a friend on the West Coast who was having terrible problems with her son napping, and this person helped her with just a phone call (although she may go back every once in a while for all I know). If you're this frustrated about it, it might be worth checking out.