Leaps and Bounds

2:01 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
The past 2 days have been pretty great. After another successful visit to our lactation consultant, Eric dropped us off at my mom's house. We decided to head to the mall, so after Seth installed the carseat in mom's car, the 5 of us (Seth, Jeanine, Liam, Duncan, and myself) headed off to the mall. I was a little nervous about nursing him at the mall, but it turns out that I didn't need to worry at all - I carried Duncan around in the Moby and he slept the entire time! It was great! DEFINITELY a good purchase. I love it. :o) Eric met us at the mall and we headed home with a hungry Duncan.

Last night was a good night, too - he does wake up every 2 to 3 hours, but the night passes quickly enough, and I am getting into a good routine. I try not to wake Eric up because he has to go to work, so I do the diaper changes, too. Duncan only screams when he's being changed, and he quiets down quickly once he gets food! He's such a good baby. I can't believe he's going to be 2 weeks old tomorrow! I am falling more and more in love with him each minute.

This morning we had our first visit to the pediatrician at 9am. Duncan weighs 10 pounds now. YAY! Back at home, we took a short nap until Dori arrived at 11:30. We talked about the birth and she gave us pictures, our video, and our birth story. We watched the video before Eric left for work - I cried when I watched it. It's very surreal. I remember it, but it seems more like a dream. And there's lots of exposed booby in it, so unless you're okay with that, you won't be seeing it. :o)

Eric left for work right after Dori left, and since then I have nursed Duncan, changed his diaper, put him in the Moby so he could fall asleep, and then made myself lunch. I can't believe I actually have the computer sitting on my lap right now! I'm going to attempt to take a nap before our little guy wakes up ...

No plans for tomorrow (unless someone comes to pick me up because I'm still not allowed to drive), and then we are really looking forward to the weekend. The week has gone by too quickly!

0 Observations or Opinions: