Sunny Winter Days
10:20 AM Edit This 5 Comments »
It is a beautiful day outside, in sharp contrast to what many of you may be seeing outside your own windows right now. Would I trade that comfort to return home today? Without a second thought. But since I am here, stuck deep inside the Mexican countryside I think I should try and enjoy what God has given me today. Most notably, no stomach illnesses yet, beautiful weather outside (although the locals are wearing mittens and scarves), a beautiful wife who misses me while I am away, and a beautiful baby boy fastidiously growing at the moment. We've only seen him in black, white and amber thus far, but I know he is handsome. I'm drinking lots of water which is helping combat my dry skin that I invariably get while traveling here. Its a mixture of drying air as well as less than ideal shower conditions. I wash my face with the soap in the hotel, but I never think to bring facewash or Katherine's moisturizer that my face has grown accustomed to.
As it would seem the design team that we traveled 1400 miles to work with, side by side, has left the building of units to the Celaya team. Meaning it appears they will not be making the trip from Queretaro, only an hour drive away. Not too much of a bummer, except that I traveled for 10 hours to send the same emails I sent from home. Being in the factory is kinda nostalgic, with my last trips down here being good times. Those were the days, surrounding yourself with numerous people you enjoyed working for. I really miss those days. Jim is still part of my team, but I have lost the comraderie and laughter that used to fill the voids of all the downtime here. I didn't realize it at the time but that 2008 team was a real treat. And as I get more and more wrapped up in what I should do with the economy downturn, pending layoffs, and oh yeah - that pesky appliances sale, I just confuse myself more and more about whether I should stay and stick it out, or try and head for greener pastures.
20 minutes until we head out into the factory. Time to lace up my boots.
As it would seem the design team that we traveled 1400 miles to work with, side by side, has left the building of units to the Celaya team. Meaning it appears they will not be making the trip from Queretaro, only an hour drive away. Not too much of a bummer, except that I traveled for 10 hours to send the same emails I sent from home. Being in the factory is kinda nostalgic, with my last trips down here being good times. Those were the days, surrounding yourself with numerous people you enjoyed working for. I really miss those days. Jim is still part of my team, but I have lost the comraderie and laughter that used to fill the voids of all the downtime here. I didn't realize it at the time but that 2008 team was a real treat. And as I get more and more wrapped up in what I should do with the economy downturn, pending layoffs, and oh yeah - that pesky appliances sale, I just confuse myself more and more about whether I should stay and stick it out, or try and head for greener pastures.
20 minutes until we head out into the factory. Time to lace up my boots.


5 Observations or Opinions:
That was so well written, Eric. :o)
I agree!
Yes...Eric...you should write a book.
i think i just cried a little
Well thank you all for your kind thoughts!
Post a Comment