Elizabethtown

8:02 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
We had a great time yesterday down in Elizabethtown. We got there a little early and had some lunch at Chik-fil-A. Once at Matt and Cara's, we enjoyed watching all the kids run around and laugh and ate some good food. The back yard is really nice - Matt's dad set up a ring of hay bales for everyone to sit on. There were lots of little kids there, ranging in age from 6 months to about 6 or 7. Julia, Matt and Cara's new baby who is 6 months old, was very calm and has red hair and red eyelashes. So cute. She fell asleep in her grandma's arms right before we left.

When we left around 5, we planned on going to Elizabeth's, but we couldn't get a hold of her, so we walked around the Towne Mall for a little bit until she called us back. The mall was weird - it was like stepping back in time or something, even though they have a Gap and Victoria's Secret and all that good stuff. It's pretty small, though, and just felt really 80s to me. Eric said the same thing. Anyway, we headed over to Charlie and Elizabeth's (we were really close to their house, as it turned out, so that was good) and just sat around and talked until 7:30. The house is really cute!

We got back into Louisville around 8:30 and stopped at the grocery for cereal, milk, and a frozen pizza. We decided to try a DiGiorno. It was pretty yummy! And it was on sale, too, because normally we'd never buy them. We watched a final episode of "House" (Netflix) while the pizza was baking and then settled in to watch "Troy." We're only an hour into it right now. The Trojan War and all the Greek Mythology stuff is so so interesting. Complicated, but interesting. No one is even positive if the war really took place!

So yay for the zoo today! I'll make sure to take some good pictures ... although that means I need to go charge the camera. I am still tired, but I got up because my nose was stuffy and I was keeping Eric awake. Plus, I was hungry anyway. So I may fall asleep on the couch down here. We'll see. Eric wants to get some staining time in today, too, so hopefully he'll have time to do that after the zoo.

0 Observations or Opinions: