I believe

5:08 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Okay, so I promise that I'm not turning into a Christian freak or one of those people who never shuts up about it ... but I've been reading lots of stuff online today and one thing that I found particularly intriguing was a short article called "Why I believe in God: Nine Non-Biblical Reasons." The one I liked the most said "I believe in God because I cannot comprehend infinity." That totally makes sense to me. When I try to comprehend the size of the universe or what will become of us once the Earth is gone, my mind starts to hurt. The more I think about it, the weirder and more difficult it becomes. So, that's my thought for the day. That's one reason I believe in God. :o) My other favorite ones were:

... there are too many unanswered questions without God.
... because life is incredibly short and I do not believe that our lives are meaningless.

Perhaps my one of my favorite things, though, is something that Kelly told me - she used to work with me. She told me one day that she would rather worship a God and later find out that He doesn't exist, than not worship God and find out that He does exist. That makes so much sense to me.

I didn't go to work yesterday. My plan was to stay in bed, but I spent 2.5 hours at Immediate Care. Then I had to go to Loft ... I guess they didn't believe I was sick, because once I was there for 20 minutes, they told me I could go home. Geez. I also told them last night that I am quitting. It's for the best. I want to spend more time with my husband.

I went to work this morning but left at 11:15 or so. I needed another day in bed. I'm starting to feel better. I guess it just takes awhile for the medicine to kick in or whatever. My head is so full of stuff and I'm blowing my nose every five minutes, but it's all good.

Tomorow: work, church, fun time with friends, bedtime and SLEEPING IN!!!

Eric should be on his way home and it's Moby Dick night!

1 Observations or Opinions:

Seth and Jeanine said...

All the reasons you put are reasons I believe and have thought about alot. Another one for me is the basic question of "What it the meaning of life and why are we here?" If we don't try to achieve something greater than ourselves, something greater than any human, what are we doing? You almost have to reach for something unknowable in this life, or the search will end and then what is left. I think the movie "Contact" has volumes to say about religion, the meaning of life and God. Awesome movie.