Those pics are wimpy

7:54 AM Edit This 5 Comments »
Yeah, the picture of the ice on the pergola that was in our last post is wimpy! I have a few more to share today. We fortunately have power on at home (which is a huge blessing, since 500k homes in KY don't). And did I mention that it is 23°F right now? My heart goes out to all those sitting in the cold, including my parents, the inlaws and my boss. Although they are the lucky ones...they have fire places, generators and the means to stay warm. For everyone else I know the city has set up shelters throughout the city to help combat the bitter cold. I can only imagine the number of flooded houses that will result from this as internal temps get to freezing and pipes start to burst all over the city.
Katherine is doing just fine. We were careful to avoid all stressful activity yesterday, in hopes of avoiding the obvious. No walks, no pineapple, and definitely no trampolines. Nothing to bring on the contractions. But I made it out to work this morning (we have no internet at home...WORSE THAN NO POWER!) and the roads aren't terrible. Lots of lights out, trees all over the place, and in general just packed snow covered roads. Where was I going with this...oh yeah. So I have been on the roads, and they aren't terrible. So I can officially say that I am okay with labor starting anytime again. We avoided the worse of it. The driveway is shoveled (and my back hurts to prove it) and I salted it and for the first time in my entire life I am the first guy on the street to have a fully cleared off driveway. w00t!
I don't have much else to say other than lets hope everyone gets power back soon. I may or may not be at work all day today, depending on who makes it in. My boss lives in Oldham County, surrounded by trees. Yesterday he said he had tons of trees down (he just finished cleaning up after IKE) and one was on his old beater truck. So I'm guessing he won't be in today. Especially with the kids out of school. Okay. I may post later if I learn more. (The last one is a weird pic...really just intended to show the light shining on the entirely frozen over yard. I could have rolled a snowball over past those 2 houses it was so solid and slick)


5 Observations or Opinions:

Marianne said...

dude the one of the deck overhang is nuts.

thanks for updating so we're not all freaking out about the baby coming!

Greta said...

Pineapples can cause contractions?

Jeanine said...

The ice on the deck is deadly!!! That could really hurt someone.

Jeanine said...

Hey Greta...I looked it up and pineapples can cause labor! Crazy! Learn something new everyday:)

Katherine said...

Good thing, because I LOOOOOOVE pineapple. :o)