3:26 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
On Thursday night I had dinner with Terena, her intern for the month from Centre, Maureen, and a professor that Terena had at UofL who will help with translation if she needs it. She's doing that project to help refugees out by translating their important documents for free. We ate dinner at a Moroccan restaurant ... it was good, and I love trying new places, but I will probably never eat there again.
On Friday after work I headed to mom's house where I watched two cake decorating videos that I found. They were pretty interesting, but very 1980s. We headed to the airport to pick up Seth at 4:30 and once he arrived, the four of us (!!!) had a very nice dinner at Bravo. It was so nice. Later, we just hung out at mom and dad's house until I had to go home to get enough sleep for work.
Saturday was pretty boring at work - I got a lot done, but there were 4 of us there and there just wasn't that much to do. Mom and dad and Seth came to visit, though, which was great. :o) I left pretty early and headed to grandma's where we had a small birthday party for grandma with Roy and Doris, and Carol (their daughter) and her husband, Ken. Good times. I made the cake for it. :o) Afterwards we went home to mom and dad's house and we talked and read the newspaper while mom made chili for dinner. Yummy, as always. Seth decided he was going to stay the night, so he grabbed his suitcase and we came home to our house. We watched a Pet Shop Boys documentary (which no one I know cares about except my brother and myself, and maybe my mom) for two hours while Seth and Eric replaced the hard drive in this computer ... and it works again! Yay! No more blue screen of death! We played some Katamari and then headed to White Castle at midnight for a snack. Eric will never go with me, so it was nice that Seth wanted to go. It was delicious as always. Nothing beats a White Castle. I fell asleep on the couch when we got back while the boys played some more Katamari.
Woke up at 9:30 yesterday and we did nothing until 1:30 or so. Everyone was over here for awhile - mom and dad, I mean - and we headed out for lunch at Jason's Deli. LOVE IT. Everyone should eat there. Why would you not want to go somewhere that is healthy and where they have free frozen yogurt for everyone. It's great. :o) Eric and I came back home to take a nap and went back over to my parent's house for dinner. We did a lot of driving back and forth yesterday! We watched "Superman" and decided during the movie that tonight we would rent "Superman Returns," so that is on the agenda for tonight.
Work today went by incredibly fast! Here are some of the cakes that I did (notice the new border that I have recently fallen in love with):

While I am on the subject of cakes, I thought I'd mention that I am very excited about my class that starts tomorrow. The first class or two might be a little bit boring because I will be learning things I already know, but going back to basics never hurt anyone. It will be a good thing! Also, on Thursday I am going to the seminar in Lexington hosted by Brill (they make all the icing and stuff - huge company in Atlanta) where we'll learn holiday ideas and do some decorating.
On another high note, I am off tomorrow! But I really do love my job ... most of the time. :o) I asked Derrick about a raise last week and he said he'd "do some research and get back to me," whatever the hell that means. But hopefully I'll hear something soon.
I just booked my flight to go visit Chrissy. Yay! I am leaving at 7:40pm on Thursday, February 1, and I will get home on Sunday at 7:15. So I'll miss two days of work, but it's really only one because I am working the Wednesday before. I can't wait to visit! Maybe there will be snow on the ground. :o) The last time I flew into O'Hare was February of 2000 to go see Lord of the Dance and I think I was one of the last flights to get in before they practically closed the airport. There was about 2 feet of snow on the ground; it was great!
So I had that picture up of my family, but when I downloaded it to the computer, it deleted the pictures from my camera when I was finished. Then, it was posted twice for some reason and when I told it to delete one, it deleted both of them. So ... I don't have the picture anymore, but I will take some more tonight when we are all over here eating Chinese and watching Superman. Can't wait. :o)
On Friday after work I headed to mom's house where I watched two cake decorating videos that I found. They were pretty interesting, but very 1980s. We headed to the airport to pick up Seth at 4:30 and once he arrived, the four of us (!!!) had a very nice dinner at Bravo. It was so nice. Later, we just hung out at mom and dad's house until I had to go home to get enough sleep for work.
Saturday was pretty boring at work - I got a lot done, but there were 4 of us there and there just wasn't that much to do. Mom and dad and Seth came to visit, though, which was great. :o) I left pretty early and headed to grandma's where we had a small birthday party for grandma with Roy and Doris, and Carol (their daughter) and her husband, Ken. Good times. I made the cake for it. :o) Afterwards we went home to mom and dad's house and we talked and read the newspaper while mom made chili for dinner. Yummy, as always. Seth decided he was going to stay the night, so he grabbed his suitcase and we came home to our house. We watched a Pet Shop Boys documentary (which no one I know cares about except my brother and myself, and maybe my mom) for two hours while Seth and Eric replaced the hard drive in this computer ... and it works again! Yay! No more blue screen of death! We played some Katamari and then headed to White Castle at midnight for a snack. Eric will never go with me, so it was nice that Seth wanted to go. It was delicious as always. Nothing beats a White Castle. I fell asleep on the couch when we got back while the boys played some more Katamari.
Woke up at 9:30 yesterday and we did nothing until 1:30 or so. Everyone was over here for awhile - mom and dad, I mean - and we headed out for lunch at Jason's Deli. LOVE IT. Everyone should eat there. Why would you not want to go somewhere that is healthy and where they have free frozen yogurt for everyone. It's great. :o) Eric and I came back home to take a nap and went back over to my parent's house for dinner. We did a lot of driving back and forth yesterday! We watched "Superman" and decided during the movie that tonight we would rent "Superman Returns," so that is on the agenda for tonight.
Work today went by incredibly fast! Here are some of the cakes that I did (notice the new border that I have recently fallen in love with):


While I am on the subject of cakes, I thought I'd mention that I am very excited about my class that starts tomorrow. The first class or two might be a little bit boring because I will be learning things I already know, but going back to basics never hurt anyone. It will be a good thing! Also, on Thursday I am going to the seminar in Lexington hosted by Brill (they make all the icing and stuff - huge company in Atlanta) where we'll learn holiday ideas and do some decorating.
On another high note, I am off tomorrow! But I really do love my job ... most of the time. :o) I asked Derrick about a raise last week and he said he'd "do some research and get back to me," whatever the hell that means. But hopefully I'll hear something soon.
I just booked my flight to go visit Chrissy. Yay! I am leaving at 7:40pm on Thursday, February 1, and I will get home on Sunday at 7:15. So I'll miss two days of work, but it's really only one because I am working the Wednesday before. I can't wait to visit! Maybe there will be snow on the ground. :o) The last time I flew into O'Hare was February of 2000 to go see Lord of the Dance and I think I was one of the last flights to get in before they practically closed the airport. There was about 2 feet of snow on the ground; it was great!
So I had that picture up of my family, but when I downloaded it to the computer, it deleted the pictures from my camera when I was finished. Then, it was posted twice for some reason and when I told it to delete one, it deleted both of them. So ... I don't have the picture anymore, but I will take some more tonight when we are all over here eating Chinese and watching Superman. Can't wait. :o)


0 Observations or Opinions:
Post a Comment