9:07 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Friday I was at work until 3:45 ...
This morning we arrived to find a note from Josh, whom I have never met but apparently closes a few nights a week for us. The note said that he quit and some other things like he is sick and tired of cleaning up messes left by the day shift people. So we spent the first two hours cleaning. Then we had to do our regular morning stuff, and then I started on backup cakes ... which is, let me count, 28 cakes altogether. We finished those around 4:00, then we realized that we had two orders for the next day, so we did those and left at 5. It's not that I minded, because once I realized that it was going to take forever, I just said, "Well, it has to be done, and I'll just stay until I finish" ... but I was just so tired. My body aches from being on my feet all day and icing almost 30 cakes and mixing icing. I'm not complaining, though! I would MUCH rather decorate cakes all day than sit on the phone or count money. It's not that I didn't enjoy my day; it's just that it was long.
Oh, I forgot all about last night. We got into bed around 8:30 because I was tired from yesterday, as well (had lots of cakes to do then, too). I watched "That 70s Show until 9:30 or so, then fell asleep. I was awakened at 10:30 by Eric saying he was having a very sharp pain in his lower abdomen. It didn't go away, and I was very freaked out. We got in the car to go to the hospital and got as far as Taylorsville Road on Snyder when we got off and went to Kroger (by the way, they are putting a Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in that shopping center!) so Eric could get out and walk around for a bit because he said the pain was subsiding. So we went back home and went to bed. I did not get to sleep until 11:30 and I woke up at 4:45 and started thinking that the closers who worked that night may not have been able to find the order that was supposed to go out because the cakes were all in a different refrigerator for lack of space. Sorry, long sentence. Anyway ... long story short, it's been a long day. When I got to work, I found out that they indeed did not find the cake. It was still sitting on the cake rack with the other orders.
I showered when I got home because I was covered in icing, then we had leftover Chinese. We went to Kohl's so I could return some socks (long story - thanks for the sheets, mom!), then went to the mall so I could return the boots I ordered online from Ann Taylor Loft. I think that I somehow cheated the system without trying to do so ... the boots only cost 60 dollars on sale on the internet, but for some reason, I got 83 dollars credited to my credit card. Hm. Oh well, I'm not complaining! It just doesn't make much sense to me. We got some Starbucks, then headed home. Now we are watching "Return of the King" and Eric is working on the mantel. We are going to paint a coat on it tonight, then maybe another tomorrow, and hopefully we can have it up before too much longer.
Tomorrow: SLEEP IN, go to the gym, work on the mantel, maybe mow the yard one more time before it gets really cold, and that's it for now. We'll see.
This morning we arrived to find a note from Josh, whom I have never met but apparently closes a few nights a week for us. The note said that he quit and some other things like he is sick and tired of cleaning up messes left by the day shift people. So we spent the first two hours cleaning. Then we had to do our regular morning stuff, and then I started on backup cakes ... which is, let me count, 28 cakes altogether. We finished those around 4:00, then we realized that we had two orders for the next day, so we did those and left at 5. It's not that I minded, because once I realized that it was going to take forever, I just said, "Well, it has to be done, and I'll just stay until I finish" ... but I was just so tired. My body aches from being on my feet all day and icing almost 30 cakes and mixing icing. I'm not complaining, though! I would MUCH rather decorate cakes all day than sit on the phone or count money. It's not that I didn't enjoy my day; it's just that it was long.
Oh, I forgot all about last night. We got into bed around 8:30 because I was tired from yesterday, as well (had lots of cakes to do then, too). I watched "That 70s Show until 9:30 or so, then fell asleep. I was awakened at 10:30 by Eric saying he was having a very sharp pain in his lower abdomen. It didn't go away, and I was very freaked out. We got in the car to go to the hospital and got as far as Taylorsville Road on Snyder when we got off and went to Kroger (by the way, they are putting a Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in that shopping center!) so Eric could get out and walk around for a bit because he said the pain was subsiding. So we went back home and went to bed. I did not get to sleep until 11:30 and I woke up at 4:45 and started thinking that the closers who worked that night may not have been able to find the order that was supposed to go out because the cakes were all in a different refrigerator for lack of space. Sorry, long sentence. Anyway ... long story short, it's been a long day. When I got to work, I found out that they indeed did not find the cake. It was still sitting on the cake rack with the other orders.
I showered when I got home because I was covered in icing, then we had leftover Chinese. We went to Kohl's so I could return some socks (long story - thanks for the sheets, mom!), then went to the mall so I could return the boots I ordered online from Ann Taylor Loft. I think that I somehow cheated the system without trying to do so ... the boots only cost 60 dollars on sale on the internet, but for some reason, I got 83 dollars credited to my credit card. Hm. Oh well, I'm not complaining! It just doesn't make much sense to me. We got some Starbucks, then headed home. Now we are watching "Return of the King" and Eric is working on the mantel. We are going to paint a coat on it tonight, then maybe another tomorrow, and hopefully we can have it up before too much longer.
Tomorrow: SLEEP IN, go to the gym, work on the mantel, maybe mow the yard one more time before it gets really cold, and that's it for now. We'll see.


1 Observations or Opinions:
Did Eric's stomach stop hurting?
Post a Comment